I've always wanted a map showing just the areas I've birded, but didn't know how to get one. LONG STORY SHORT: I figured it out. Check it:
Want one? Here's what I did:
- Go to eBird > My eBird > Manage My Locations
- Make sure you hit "Show All" in the lower right so all of your locations are on one page
- Select all the text, and copy it into an Excel spreadsheet
- Delete the "in my locs?" "Type" and "# checklists" columns (and any other stray stuff that got in there).
- Make sure you have "Location" "Country" "State/Province" and "County" as Row 1 in your spreadsheet, or else insert a new column and add them. It'll look something like this:
- Go to www.BatchGeo.com
- Copy your spreadsheet into the big "paste here" box at the BatchGeo homepage.
- Go to Validate & Set Options > Advanced Options and make sure that "Enable clustering for high density markers" is NOT checked.
- Make the map! Check it out!