Antelope Island State Park, in the middle of Utah's Great Salt Lake, is one of my favorite places to bird. I love it out there. Millions of birds, and also bison, pronghorn, bighorn, mule deer, and other western goodies. I've been in love since my first visit back in 2013.
On my latest visit, this past February, I wanted to commemorate my love for this state park via the purchase of some kind of doodad. Perusing the gift shop (no Chukars in the parking lot, this time), I saw a little coffee mug but a bunch of shorebirds on it. Hey, I like coffee and shorebirds! I exchanged American currently for the drinking vessel, and went on birding.
- Rick Wright says he's got a shirt from Tucson, Arizona with this image on it. Like, none of these birds are found in Tucson.
- Sam Jolly of the Birder's Conundrum crew has a magnet from Pea Island NWR, in North Carolina. This is a perfectly fine image for the east coast.
- Desiree Narango has the same mug from Bombay Hook, DE, which is also fine.
- The Audubon Society of Portland has the mug on sale. That's Portland, Oregon, not Portland, Maine, and therefore just totally totally wrong.
- Amazon sells an apparently blank version.
- Here's a larger, flipped version on a t-shirt.